Friday, January 22, 2010

Tile Kind What Kind Of Substrate, If Any, Do I Need For Putting Ceramic Tile On Cement Foundation?

What kind of substrate, if any, do I need for putting ceramic tile on cement foundation? - tile kind

These are the levels of floors ... Ceramic, linoleum, then a red rubber-type material, 12 stones, then the concrete base or plate. We have done everything in cement. If it is a different type of bottom substrate before tiling? How to prepare the soil?

2 comments:

eienmomo said...

without substrate for the tile on a concrete slab. The PREP is really necessary to use mesh tape and thinset to repair cracks in the ceiling. You can buy strips with an opening in a hardware store. skim a layer of thinset on the column, then set the ribbon mesh in the thinset. smooth with a trowel / spatula. Do not waste your money on any type of self leveling agent. that as previously announced. Installer, it would be able to resolve weaknesses inconsistent because he / she is in fact the tile install. being crushed, the most important points are raised with a cement factory, but a good installer will be able to even with this work, if necessary, to. With a strip of linoleum tiles for transtition between the materials. I'm not sure what is the red rubber material that you are concerned, so I have no advice there. Good luck!

Robert K said...

What soil type is a concrete floor? It would be very unstable and the cement powder is a powder. I do not understand

Post a Comment